How We Operate
– A personal meeting is arranged to discuss your needs and wants. This meeting preferably takes place on your site.
– A sketch plan is prepared reflecting the outcome of the meeting. A second meeting is then arranged to approve the conceptual design sketch and receive authority to proceed with further work. At this point a preliminary deposit is required to prepare final sketches, materials specification and builders quotes.
– Depending on the style of the home, an appropriate specification is prepared detailing the materials to be used in construction.
– Only the highest quality materials are specified to ensure your complete satisfaction of the finished home.
– This specification is used as a basis for the builder to prepare his quotation for the construction of the home.
– We organise for our preferred builder to prepare a quote confirming for you that the project falls within your budget.
– This quotation will be based on the approved sketches and the materials specification. It will also include any special requirements that have been asked for.
– You may accept this quotation or choose your own builder for the construction of the home.
– Once you are happy with the revised sketches, the materials specification and the builders quote, the next step is the preparation of architectural plans.
– A contract is now prepared confirming the scope of works and signed by both parties.
– Architectural plans are now prepared in accordance with our previous discussions and with the approved final sketches.
– These plans will contain sufficient detail to enable passage through council and for the builder to use during construction.
– The architectural plans are approved by both parties prior to lodgment with council. This will prevent costly council fees if revisions were required.
– Hawkesbury Valley Homes can now submit the approved architectural plans to council on your behalf.
– All discussion with council are looked after by our staff ensuring smooth progress through this sometimes difficult stage.
– Now, together, we should be organising contracts with our preferred builder or the builder of your choice. Once the building contract is in place, there should be a smooth transition from council to construction.
Building Your Home
– Using our preferred builder draws on his previous experience to make sure your home is built to its unique specifications. We also provide ongoing liaison between you and the builder during the construction period at anytime you require.
– Should you choose your own builder we will provide technical support throughout the construction process within reasonable limits.
– Hawkesbury Valley Homes encourages the builder to exceed standard building practices to give your finished home a quality and appeal that will last a lifetime.
– With each of our designs being unique, Hawkesbury Valley Homes endeavours to photograph and document each completed home. This provides us with continual quality control thereby giving each and every client an exceptional design and documentation service.
-Hawkesbury Valley Homes and its Directors are members of the HIA (Housing Industry Association) and the BDA (Building Designers Association) and continually update their skills through professional development programs.
– Some photos taken of completed homes are used as entries in both of these associations design and construction awards.